Distinct Advantage Guild Charter andPolicies – SWTOR version
The mission of Distinct Advantage is to provide a casual guild with a friendly atmosphere, while maintaining progression through game content. We work on progression while having fun with one another. Our guild is based on friendship and commitment to be a drama free and tight-knit guild.
We are a casual guild that strives to promote a positive and friendly atmosphere, while maintaining progression through game content. Our guild in WOW (World of Warcraft) runs 10 man content on M, T, and W from 8:00-11:15 and have informal 10 mans scheduled at various times throughout the week. Our current goal for Distinct Advantage in SWTOR is to build a solid community focused on friendship and commitment. End game SWTOR progression will be determined at a later time once the guild as a whole is ready to begin end game content.
We are committed to friendship and a commitment to be a drama free and tight-knit guild. From time to time there may be adult humor, but we do not tolerate overly offensive behavior. Sexist, racist, or any other maliciously offensive jokes or comments will not be tolerated. As adults we are to use our best discretion, but ask to handle issues promptly and maturely.
Distinct Advantage Recruiting and Membership in SWTOR
- Joining the guild – Our recruitment is currently open to all classes and levels. Anyone who is interested in joining the guild must fill out an application online. Once we have received your application, an officer will be able to review your application. If your application is accepted, an officer will be able to send you an invite to the guild. After joining, please create a Guild Portal account. Once you are granted membership, you will be granted access to member features on the website. If you have any questions, please contact an officer for information.
Policies on alts - Alts are accepted into the guild regardless of level. When wanting to add an alt to the guild, please ask an officer on your main first. Once we are informed, then you may hop over on your alt. Please make sure that an officer promotes your alt to the alt rank and that your main’s name shows up in your guild notes. Please keep in mind that only officers can invite you into the guild, so if there aren’t any officers available, you must be patient and ask later.
Leaving the guild – If you decide to leave the guild, please leave in a respectful and mature manner. We understand that not everyone will be a good fit for the guild, and that people have real life issues come up. Please be polite and considerate when you leave, and be sure to let us know why you are leaving. If at any time you decide you want to come back after you have left, you are expected to go through the full application process again. Also, if you decide to leave the guild, all your characters will be removed (including alts).
Code of Conduct
Drama free please, with a cherry on top! - No constant negative attitude in guild chat, tells, or anywhere else. We understand that there are frustrations with the game and tensions rise in given situations. Commiserating is one thing, but please do not spam negativity because it will bring everyone down and take away from the atmosphere of the guild. If you have any disagreements or complaints, please handle it maturely with the person(s) involved privately. If the situation is not able to be resolved, follow the chain of command and talk to the Officers first. Please keep in mind that the GM has final say in decisions.
- Our image - We are very proud to be in Distinct Advantage and hope that every member feels the same. When you are in game, or participating in the forums, you are representing the guild, so please be on your best behavior. Please do not do anything that could lessen our image. Once a member of the guild looks bad, people will assume that the guild behaves like that. Not only will it hurt your reputation, but also the reputation of the guild and everyone in it. (For example, when a person is fighting mobs to get to a quest item, don’t run in and steal if from them.)
- Responsibility – Members are responsible for their own materials and credits. Please refrain from begging or harassing other guild members for items, money, or power leveling. It is acceptable to ask others for assistance as long as it is
done politely and in a respectful manner.
- Respect – This guild was built on friendship and strives to promote a family atmosphere. Be respectful towards fellow guild members and treat each other like family. This also includes being respectful to the leadership of the guild. If you have any issues with someone with a leadership position, please do not take it up with other guild members. Instead, immediately bring your concerns to the leader in question or another guild officer. Whenever a problem arises, it is important to deal with it quickly and move on. Unresolved issues create nothing but unnecessary drama and tension within he guild.
- Activity – Distinct Advantage is a casual guild and as such, does not require mandatory attendance to raid or be online.
However, if for any reason you will not be able to log for an extended period of time (15+ days), please let us know. We ask this because we consider this guild a family, and when you are gone for a while we will worry about you. If we have not seen or heard from you for 1 month, you will be removed from the guild. This is only because we like to keep our guild clean, which means removing players that have been inactive for an extended period of time. Please let us know if you plan to return, and your membership in the guild will not be revoked.
- Website – Although we do not require attendance, we do request being active in our website. Being active means participating in important threads, class discussion, etc. The reason why we are asking this is because the website is where we keep all information pertaining to the guild and also the place to find important news and announcements. Our website is primarily used for WOW, but there you will find a forum designated for SWTOR. If you post anything on the website related to SWTOR, please post it in the appropriate category.
Distinct Advantage Guild Ranks in SWTOR
- Guild Master - The GM is responsible for all guild policies and has the final word on disputes, member infractions, and officer discussed topics. The GM gets to make the decisions regarding guild progress, well-being, and direction.
- Officers - The officers are in charge of discipline, moral of the guild, and keeping on top of their responsibilities. They are also required to be an example, settle disputes fairly and firmly, and be aware of any issues within the guild.
- Core Members (Raiders) - These members are the top members in Distinct Advantage and are working towards being
able to complete end game content. These members are dependable, responsible, and willing to give a helping hand when needed. They are very active in the guild and participate on the guild’s website. They also commit their time and energy towards the guild and know every aspect of their class. They continually put their best game forward at all times and know how to maximize their performance. These members also provide feedback to the officers when needed.
- Members - These are the players who are more casual in attendance and activity. They may step infrom time to time to help fill spots for flashpoints, and when they do, make every minute count. A member is promoted to a Core Member when he/she meets the qualifications.
- Recruits - Recruits are new members to Distinct Advantage that may have up to a 2 week trial period. When you are a recruit, enjoy getting to know the guild. Remember that the more effort you put into the guild, the more people will get to know you.
- Alts- Enough said.
- Friends - Friends are those brought into the guild because they are family or RL friends of guildies. Friends may also
be members who have retired from raiding or just need a place to call home.
- Needs a Rank – If you have this rank, you have been invited by a lazy officer. Bug them for a real rank! =D